How to customize and maintain your home directory config files on many servers.
- Create a repository for your configs on github. You can track your config files in a repository like mine: dotfiles on github. There are many existing repositories that that you can clone or simply reuse.
- On the server/cloud server install https://github.com/andsens/homeshick. This bash script will help us to maintain the config files.
- Download your dotfiles (config files) repository on the server
- Install it in your home directory
- Add the customization to .bashrc file