- What changed
- What new features were implemented
- What improvements were made
Let's summarize first couple of facts we can confirm about Grizzly.
The new video and slides from Mirantis for Grizzly are really informative: What’s new in OpenStack Grizzly. Some of the slides I found interesting for Nova and Quantum are copied below.
- Blueprints comparison between Grizzly and Folsom. For the Nova project more detailed info is available here as well: Nova release notes and blueprints.
- In Nova project there were many enhancements for VM placements and improvements for large scale deployments support
- New awaited features for network virtualization in Quantum project
- In Folsom there were certain limitation on how to deploy Quantum in a highly available and scalable manner. It was improved as detailed by the slide below and this article: A new agent management approach for Quantum in OpenStack Grizzly.
- There were number of new vendor plugin announcements for Quantum to give people choice how to implement network virtualization. More info about Midokura (here) and Nicira (here) is available as well.