How to use a modern IDE to develop programs in Python and potentially use it with other languages like Java and C.
Eclipse as a single IDE with a support for multiple languages.
PyDev as an Eclipse plugin to support programming in Python. But instead of installing it manualy I decide to use the Aptana Studio 3.x
- We need java first http://java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml
- Nest install the Eclipse http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/. I used the most popular branch Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers. It comes with a number of preinstalled modules.
- Install Python http://www.python.org/getit/. I needed 2.7.x.
- Every one uses some source of software version control tools. I've started to use http://msysgit.github.com/
- This is optional, but because I wanted to have a working Ruby environment as well i installed
- Ruby from http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
- From the some link than ' RubyInstaller Development Kit (DevKit)' DevKit
- The ruby comes with a powerful Rails application framework http://rubyonrails.org/download/
- At the end we installed our Python plugin from http://aptana.com/products/studio3/download using the option 'Eclipse Plug-in Version'. The installation is described here: http://aptana.com/downloads/start